Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND




It's a little late but... Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! We are truly grateful for the wonderful weekend we had together as a family. For starters we decided we didn't want to have the traditional Thanksgiving and cook all day and clean up all night so we cheated and headed over to Mimi's Cafe. So one would think, "oh there won't be that many people going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner." um the place was completely packed!!! In fact people made reservations for that night, CRAZY!!! We were shocked, but we saw why after. They had a very delicious turkey dinner, with all the fixings! I of course opted out of the turkey dinner and had my favorite salad, as you can see from the above picture, me happy I didn't have to cook! It was great, we missed spending time with family but enjoyed the low stress Thanksgiving. We haven't had the best experiences with Thanksgiving, but this year renewed our love of the holiday. This weekend was also a very productive weekend, if you can't tell I'm all about the productivity, I seem to mention it a lot, but anyway...we found our cute Christmas tree at a farm in Louisville. We thought Reagan would have a blast picking it out but she was more obsessed with the lazy black dog at the farm then helping us, oh well it probably went a lot faster without her input. After getting the tree home successfully we got out all the Christmas decorations, all five of them, and I'm not kidding and decorated the house and the tree. Reagan was especially "helpful" with decorating the tree, but she had fun, while she drove me nuts!!! Also part of the productivity was taking family pictures, let me tell you that was a load of fun with Reagan and Kevin who just love to be cooperative. But we finally got a decent one, decent in the sense that Kevin and I look good, mostly the decent one is the one that I look the least fat! Reagan isn't smiling but her "smile" these days is very fake. So I'm trying to finish because Reagan is being a little distracting, but we had an enjoyable weekend and are grateful for many things in our life. Oh I also forgot to mention that it snowed about four inches here the other night, Reagan was so excited to play in the snow and go sledding, the sledding didn't happen but she enjoyed playing until Kevin literally dragged her in the house.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

5 comments:

Vehar Family said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I don't blame you for not making a huge dinner for 3 people! It's hard enough making regular dinners that everyone will eat! I can't believe all that snow! How fun! Kami is really going to miss that this year! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has the joy of trying to get family members to cooperate when it comes to taking pictures! Just wait until you have 2 little kiddos to worry about...

Elissa said...

The tree is so cute, good job! Missed you guys but glad you had a great weekend!

Cheree said...

Now that is the way to do it. We are glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I can't believe how Reagan has grown. She looks so much older than when I saw her last.

Christine said...

Your little girl is darling! Glad to hear you are doing well!

mom of 4 said...

I love the family picture! You guys look so good!! I hope you guys have a merry Christmas! In case you haven't seen my blog lately, we are expecting a girl in April!!