Tuesday, September 2, 2008

IT'S ABOUT STINKIN' TIME

We are FINALLY settled into our beautiful new home in Thornton! Everything is unpacked and kinda sorta put away. In my mind there is still much to be done, i.e. decorating and organizing, but for the most part we got a lot accomplished. Mostly because my parents came for a visit and I wanted things organized and unpacked. It is hard to explain in words, mostly because I can't articulate what I want to say, how grateful we are to be in this area in our ward and in this home! The entire situation we know went so well because we have been so greatly blessed. We love our new ward. Everyone has been so welcoming and have done more than expected when it came to watching Reagan while we moved and all those wonderful guys in the elders quorum that came to help us move all our junk in! This area in our minds is hopefully going to be a wonderful area to raise our family in. The elementary school is just in the next neighborhood. And there are three parks within walking distance. And most importantly I LOVE how close SuperTarget is. I told Kevin when we were looking at this area that it was a sign that SuperTarget and some other beloved stores were just down the street, well a little further than that, but you get the point. And the point to all of this rambling...We are extremly grateful to live where we live. We are more importantly grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us this entire way! SO for your viewing pleasure...

Pictures from our very fun adventure of painting Reagan's room. We originally started off with a light green, but after much consideration on my part and actually trying it out on the wall we decided to change it to a yellow. And as it turns out the yellow is A LOT brighter than I would have liked but oh well, Reagan likes it.


Here are some other pictures of the house...




The pictures of the backyard are right after Kevin mowed it. I wasn't fast enough to find the camera, granted it took him about 2 minutes to mow it. Our wonderful neighbors across the way lent us their lawn mower.

And last but not least...I love this wall hanging that Kevin's former boss, Dr. Lori Wadsworth, who we love and adore, gave us...a perfect saying to the start of our new adventures...

(oh and if you can't read it, "home is where your story begins")

9 comments:

Jeb and Becca said...

Hey,
Your home is so beautiful! I am impressed that you are already feeling moved in. I love that you are down the street! We need to meet at one of our parks soon. :) I also painted Savannah's room yellow (after much debate :)) and I love it with the pinks and greens that come with girl's decor. Good job! Becca

Elissa said...

YAY pictures!!!! Everything looks good your house is awesome! I LOVE the couch and rug combo its so pretty!!We're so happy you guys have a place to call your own!

Cheree said...

Took you long enough to get some pictures. What were you doing, sitting around J/K. You have been working hard. Everything looks so beautiful. We will have to come and see it in person sometime. Tell Kevin hi and give Reagan a big hug from all of us. We miss you so much, but glad you are happy and things are going well.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

It looks great! I really like your couch too, makes me want to go shopping, lol.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the pictures! We kept checking back regularly...post or no post! We are happy you are where you want to be and that you love it there. I think all the Vehars should have a reunion in CO...get the good 'ole home town thing going on.

Glad Reagan likes her room. They are easy to please at that age, luckily. It's good to start on the kids room and get your practice that way.

Keep up the fun!

Lisa and Rustin said...

It's beautiful!
And I LOVE the kitchen!
LOVE the plates on the wall too!
Cute cute place.

The Ravsten's said...

It's about time that you added more to your blog! I love it. I'm sorry you are so unhappy with your ward. What a tragedy. I'll see what I can do to change things up a bit! You are awesome. Love ya!

Chalyse said...

Hey guys, it all looks so amazing. I love it. we couldn't be more excited for you guys. a little bit jealous that you live that close to super target, but i guess i'll get over it. i am actually more jealous that you get to live in colorful colorado. we miss you and can't wait to see you!!!

Buschfest said...

Your house looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person! We are so happy to have you in our ward!